mplay 1.0 RC1
mplay is a console based frontend for MPlayer written in Perl.
Work on mplay was motivated by experience of other console based audio players. Although mplay is a front-end to MPlayer, it extends its functions in several significant ways.
- keeps a browsable , sortable and searchable playlist
- provides an internal filebrowser to add files
- provides essential status information
- includes a progress bar
- remembers the position within the track last played before quitting
- shows ID3-info / tag and it is possible to edit ID3-tag
- gives user-friendly output through a colour scheme
- runs as single-instance (provides basic controlling from outside)
- provides basic mixer functions
- provides an own interactive shoutcast streambrowser
- provides interactive help (German/English) for control keys
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- some minor Bugfixes support for flac-files was implemented shoutcast-mode: the base url was changed to classic.shoutcast.com since the source code of shoutcast was changed