Movie thumbnailer is an application that saves thumbnails (screenshots) of movie or video files to jpeg files. It uses ffmpeg's libavcodec as its engine, so it supports all popular codecs, e.g. divx h264 mpeg1 mpeg2 mp4 vc1 wmv xvid, and formats, e.g. .3gp .avi .dat .mkv .wmv. mtn is open source software.
Here are some key features of "movie thumbnailer":
· Super fast! Thanks to ffmpeg's libavcodec.
· Command line program: can be used on remote connections to co-location servers, or used in scripts.
· Batch mode: recursively search directories for movie files.
· Run at lower priority by default. To run at normal priority use -n option.
· Thumbnails are grouped together in one jpeg file and can be saved individually too (-I option).
· FFmpeg's libraries
· GD library
What's New in This Release:
· add -W option for dont overwrite files
· fix a bug when a video cant get decoded if we dont decode the first frame, particularly with mpeg1 files. bug reported by: swmaherl, jake_o
· a small change to edge detection
· skip non reference frames -- speed up for files which cant seek accurately