gTVTimer is an easy to use videorecorder and frontend to MEncoder.
There is still a lot to add/improve. Feel free to send bug reports and suggestions.
Here are some key features of "gTVTimer":
· supported video codecs: DivX, MJPEG, MPEG2, XviD
· supported audio codecs: MP2 (lavc, toolame), MP3 (lavc, lame)
· supported filters: crop, resize, deinterlace, denoise
· simple TV application
· preview of recorded videos
· translations: English, German
· Gambas 1.0.x (tested with versions 1.0.12 to 1.0.14)
· QT >=3.2
Extract the archive and open the resulting gTVTimer folder in gambas. You can now start the program from here or create an executable which can be started from the command line.
First you have to select a folder in which your videos will be saved (under 'Preferences/Other').
The second thing to do is to create a list of TV channels through 'Preferences/TV' (at this time gTVTimer is not able to import channel lists from xawtv).
Before recording can start you have to create one or more profiles under 'Preferences'. These profiles reflect your TV, Video, Filter, Audio, Paths and Other settings. So that every recording can use a different combination of settings.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed resume of aborted recordings
· Fixed save settings before planned shutdown
· Fixed various bugs
· Added MPEG file info dialog
· Added MPEG2 remultiplexing dialog
· Added dialog to create a dvd (with menu structure) from MPEG2 files
· Added main window position is now saved and restored on startup