dvdspanky is a CLI tool to convert video files into DVD compatible MPEG streams.
Here are some key features of "dvdspanky":
· Consistent options no matter the input source
· Clean and clear output
· VBR and CBR encoding
· Output preview
· Destination file size specification
· PAL and NTSC export
· Automatic volume adjustment
· Automatic cropping and letter-boxing
· Automatic mplayer fallback decoding
· Automatic aspect calculation
· Automatic DVD compatibility adjustments
· A POSIX compatible operating system such as GNU/Linux, *BSD etc.
· GCC (for gcc)
· mjpegtools (for mplex)
· pcre library
./configure [ --prefix dir ]
What's New in This Release:
· Additional features were added, including reading from DVD and video deinterlacing.
· There are improvements to post processing, preview, system behaviour, and more.
· Bugfixes include unnecessary Mplayer fallback, speed adjustment cropping audio, and coping with various versions of ffmpeg.