This Perl script helps you to manage your (large) movie (DVD,DivX) collection.
aviManager attempts to find the best movie to watch. You will be surprised how good it works. There is also a nice imdb grabber for fast movie adding.
Here are some key features of "aviManager":
· IMDB Grabber (including DVD-Cover, plot, ...)
· Voting System: user can vote movies, add movie to a wishlist (-4 = i don't wanna see this movie, 5 = i want to see this movie very soon) and can say how often he has seen the movie.
· Great search (optional fuzzy search, Regular Expressions) and ranking possibilites
· low system requirements (you don't have to setup something like MySQL (which is great, but not necessary for a small database like this).
· subtitle upload
· different owners
· export moviedatabase to readerfriendly format
· Multilanguage support
· single user mode: for people who don't want this voting stuff for many users and who just need a little movie database. You can safely switch between modes, if you find friends who are willing to vote.
· users can add comments to every movie
· last seen list
· English, Danish, German, French, Finnish, Hungarian, Swedish, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Norwegian translations available.
What's New in This Release:
· medium link added in welcome_new_movies.tmpl (see UPGRADE!)
· imdb changes (director, search, genre)
· get_date in aviman.cfg: month from 0-11 (thanks (Flavio)