XviD is an ISO MPEG-4 compliant video codec, so designed to compress/decompress digital video.
XviD is a open source project, which is developed and maintained by a handful of skilled and interested engineers from all over the world.
This release is the long awaited 1.1.0. It is mostly API compatible with the previous stable release as we dropped support for reduced resolution coding. If your application didn't use that feature then the upgrade is totally compatible.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated implementation of IDCT/FDCT to match error spec of MMX/SSE code
· Added "make info" to unix Makefile
· Removed debian directory from release tarballs
· Made multi-threading (pthread support) switchable at compile time
· Minor GUI changes
· GUI cosmetics
· Updated MSVC project files with seperate build configs for MFT-enabled binary