WWWcam is for grabbing, archiving, and Web publishing pictures from a video-device-based Webcam.
WWWcam is for grabbing, archiving, and Web publishing pictures from a video-device-based Webcam. For USB or parallel port webcams you can use the CPiA webcam driver. It simulates a /dev/video and supports nearly every webcam available. (as I could never test it because I have no usb-cam I would be lucky if you send a report if it worked or if there are any problems). You don't need anything for the static version of wwwcam to make it run.
- get a picture from /dev/video
- unlimited number of framegrabber devices and camera sources supported
- listen to a port and send the jpeg image. Port is accessable via every browser.
- ftp upload the picture to another server
- java applet for automatic picture reload included
- write an adjustable title with timestamp in the picture / multiple fonts included
- compare taken picture with last one and decide to save or not for archiving over days
- tell you if there was activity in your room
- automatic brightness correction
- limit number of taken jpeg-pictures in a directory
- save jpeg-pictures in dated directories
- get all parameters from a explained configfile
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!