TCVP is a video and music player and encoder/transcoder for Unix-like operating systems.
Adding support for other POSIX-compliant operating systems should be easy, provided that some means of displaying video and playing sound exists.
Here are some key features of "TCVP":
· Pipelined design, allowing insertion of filters at any stage.
· Automatic selection of demuxers, decoders, and output drivers, based on user-defined order of preference.
· Buffering of decoded audio and video for smooth playback.
· Multi-threaded: multiple CPUs can be used if present.
· Multiple user interfaces. A flexible skin based X11 GUI is included, as well as a simple command line only interface.
· Playlist with shuffle and repeat.
· Highly configurable.
· No XML.
TCVP is built on the TC2 module system.
External libraries are used for some media, file formats, codecs, and output devices. None of these libraries are required, but without at least some there will be very little functionality.