Show images and text in a loop on monitors
The content is updated through a webgui. The application is split into two packages, the backend and frontend. The backend is written in C++ and OpenGL and the frontend uses PHP and MySQL. Currently the frontend is very GNU/Linux specific and will not run on any other platform. It is however meant to be as platform independent as possible, as long as it handles OpenGL.
- Webgui controls daemon, even starting and stopping.
- Slides may consist of either text or pictures.
- Custom look of text-slides.
- Automatic aspect-correct resizing with ImageMagick.
- Natively loads most image formats, including but not limited to: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TGA. For complete list see FreeImage.
- Hardware acceleration with OpenGL.
- Slide transitions via plugin-based system.
- D-Bus support (currently very limited).
- Licensed under AGPLv3.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- A major overhaul of the frontend, which has been implemented using Python instead of PHP, and is now using jQuery to make it easier to handle slides.