A free software video sharing Content Management System based on Plone and produced by the EngageMedia collective.
The latest version of Plumi is packaged with Plone 4.x.You have the option to run a buildout, which includes Plone 4.x, to create a development or production environment using Plumi.
- Video Uploading
- Upload video in any format (over http)
- Large video file uploads via FTP (automatically added to Plone site)
- Expanded video metadata set (Director, Producer, Date Produced etc.)
- Video Transcoding and Playback using Transcode Star
- Automatic server-side transcoding to mp4 H.264 and Ogg Theora (configurable) via ffmpeg
- Embedded playback via Flowplayer
- Automatic thumbnail extraction
- Auto extraction of video duration
- HTML5 video tag support
- User Interface / Theme
- Custom templates for browsing videos
- Enhanced author page (user profile) including latest videos, news & events and personal latest videos vodcast feed
- Customised workspaces and video publishing workflow
- Language and Translations
- Indonesian translation of Plumi and Plone interface
- Built in content translation via LinguaPlone
- Classification, Licensing and Ratings
- Content ratings
- Classifications system into country, genre and topic using ATVocabulary Manager
- Tagcloud of keywords usingqi.portlet.TagCloud
- Content Licensing including Creative Commons licensing (through their API), the GNU Free Documentation License or you can add custom licenses or use traditional Copyright
- RSS and Discussion
- RSS feeds with media enclosures (or "vodcasts") created automatically based on taxonomy items - eg country, genre, member, topic or through creating custom smart folders usingqRSS2Syndication
- enhanced comments functionality using Plone Discussions
- Back End
- Multiple load-balanced Zope instances using Zeo-clusters managed using Supervisor
- Caching via Varnish
- Production and development builds available
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This is a stable production-ready release, including big improvements in the UI and the backend.
- Major changes in 4.5 centered around creation of a new Plumi skin using Diazo, replacing gunicorn with uwsgi, implementation of the Amara subtitling engine, and adding a video upload progress bar. Other improvements include: removing views/downloads from iframe for embedding, an update to the latest mediaelement.js, fixing of fullscreen playback, numerous improvements to the new Plumi skin, a re-ordered user menu, removal of the callouts folder, and improved video upload stability.