PlayRaw is a software for inspecting and viewing uncompressed video files. In other words, it is a raw video player with additional goodies.
PlayRaw is written in Vala and uses GStreamer as backend for the video playback and processing. The program is being developed on Linux, but the technology allows it to (some day) also work on other platforms such as Windows.
Here are some key features of "PlayRaw":
- Play a sequence or step through it frame by frame
- Support for "all" resolutions
- Support for various color space formats (I420, YV12, YUY2, UYVY)
- Show all or selected color components
- In not so distant future there will also be support for...
- Jump to a given frame
- Play two videos side by side for comparison
- Show difference between two videos
- Grid overlay to identify block numbers and boundaries
- Zoom a block
- History of opened files and their properties
- Guess video properties based on filename and path