MythTV is an open source software that allows you to build a home media theatre in just a few minutes.
The end goal of MythTV is to have a nice interface for watching TV, recording shows, listening to music, etc., all displayed on a TV and controlled by a remote.
Here are some key features of "MythTV":
· Basic 'live-tv' functionality. Pause/Fast Forward/Rewind "live" TV.
· Support for multiple tuner cards and multiple simultaneous recordings.
· Distributed architecture allowing multiple recording machines and multiple playback machines on the same network, completely transparent to the user.
· Compresses video in software using rtjpeg (from Nuppelvideo) or mpeg4 (from libavcodec). Full support for Hardware MPEG-2 encoder cards (Hauppauge PVR-250 / PVR-350). Preliminary support for DVB cards and the new pcHDTV tuner card.
· Support for the (very nice looking) hardware MPEG-2 decoder and TV out present on the Hauppauge PVR-350.
· Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping
· Grabs program information using xmltv.
· A fully themeable menu to tie it all together.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Key New Features:
· Add HTTP Live Streaming playback [099b6cce03] and recorder [17c164a]. Check the HLS Manual Page
· Added recording rule templates [71c65b]
· Themers (and power users) are now able to replace schedule options with new widgits. Themes, for example, can place fewer choices on the initial schedule editor screen (allowing access to less used options by pressing M(enu). Give Steppes a try to see this. See [d418754].
· Add duplicate checking and limited matching optimizations and other scheduler related changes. See the commit for details on this change. [cbb8eb1] Fixes #10533
· Conversion of internal times to UTC. Stored times will be converted by the database update mechanism. See UTC for a complete list of changes. This should be of interest to daylight savings time users.
· Mythlogserver, a new program for handling all log requests. ZeroMQ is included in this release.
· HTTP Live Streaming support added to AirPlay
· Complete rewrite of RAOP server, used for Airtunes/AirPlay.
The format of config.xml has changed and mysql.txt is no longer used. Example:
· Allow themes to customize caption/subtitle formatting [f13eeb0].
· Make the subtitle zoom factor into a live setting [0089f7d].
· Add rsOtherTuning and rsOtherRecording recording statuses [090f847]
· Added TOGGLESHUFFLE/TOGGLEREPEAT keybindings [fa9edd6]
· --parse-video-filename for mythutil [1debfc6]