Muxi is a tv application and personal video recorder for DVB-T. The project includes an electronic programme guide, live stream recording and time shifting.
· xine-lib (not xine), with development/header files
· MySQL, with development/header files
· working DVB card/receiver
· MMX-capable CPU (because of asm routines using mmx-built-in yuv conversion)
1. Edit Makefile (optional, you probably can skip this step)
2. Compile muxi by typing "make"
3. Start MySQL server (e.g. "/etc/init.d/mysqld start")
4. Create muxi db and inject db structure:
mysqladmin -u root create muxi
mysql -u root muxi < tools/muxi.sql
mysql -u root muxi -f < tools/dbchanges.sql
4a.Fetch channels.conf matching your region (e.g. from http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_channels.conf, or run w_scan to create your own channels.conf) and run channels_conf_2_db.pl from tools sub dir:
perl channels_conf_2_db.pl channels.conf
Note: If you use w_scan, check your channels.conf first. Some networks could have been recognized twice - on different (and possibly bad) frequencies
6. Start muxi:
7. After first start, the initial configuration is created in the db.
8. Press F12 to exit and restart muxi.
What's New in This Release:
· Major bug fix in src/db.h (in muxi-0.6.1) which prevents recording at all.