MuseScore is an open source graphical WYSIWYG music score typesetter application that uses a TrueType music font, which is derived from the LilyPond project.
When you enter the notes, the score is immediately reformatted. Notes are entered on an "virtual note sheet".
Here are some key features of "MuseScore":
· WYSIWYG, notes are entered on a "virtual note sheet"
· Uses TrueType fonts for screen and printing
· Integrated Fluid sound font player and JACK audio server driver
· MusicXml import/export
· Standard MIDI file (SMF) import/export
· XML file format
· GPL licensed
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix #19148: Distortion in sound playback after several measures of play due to reverb
· Improve the stability of the sequencer and user interface interaction
· Fix crash when loading files with invalid tuplet
· Fix crash when exporting parts with voltas
· Fix possible crash during MusicXML import
· Fix crash when changing voices without valid input state
· Fix #16692: Save and Save As dialogue boxes fail to open when Title contains colon
· Fix last element in file format combo box in the File -> Open Dialog is empty on Mac OS X
· Fix Two percussion clefs in palette
· Fix #16301: Verbose program listing in Add/Remove Programs
· Change default shortcut for voices to Ctrl + Alt + Voice number (Previous shortcuts were not working on Mac)
· Fix small icons on Windows and Mac
· Add 1024x1024 icons on Mac OSX for retina display
· Fix: Fermata applied to rest isn’t positioned where it was placed until score is saved and re-opened
· Better looking new score wizard on Mac OS X
· Fix: Two invisible boxes in 'Lines'
· Windows binaries are now signed with an Authenticode certificate
· Windows installer is also available in MSI format to ease the deployment of MuseScore through Group Policy
· Both Windows installers are signed with an Authenticode certificate
· Updated musescore.com “Save online” plugin, cosmetic changes
· Updated ABC import plugin, support for larger files