MovieFinder is the program you need if you want to keep an inventory of your personal movie collection.
A very helpfull feature of MovieFinder is that movie information and a cover image are automatically downloaded from IMDb.
Easily pick out movies to watch.
- Its features concentrate on narrowing down movies displayed based on selected criteria.
- Display criteria can be used concurrently in any combination, with absolutely no restrictions.
- For example, you can have the program display all movies that have Action AND Suspense AND entered your library after a certain date AND stars a specific actor AND has a minimum personal rating of XXX (AND several other fields).
You can continue narrowing down movies displayed in this fashion based on the following criteria:
- 21 different genres, including one custom genre
- Personal rating (1-5 stars)
- Director or Actor/Actress
- MPAA Rating
- Year of production
- Date of entry into your collection
- In Stock/Checked Out status
- Checked out to a specific name/location
The 'Selections' tab looks nearly identical to the 'Genre Searcher' tab, but the source of movies displayed is different.
- Instead of displaying your library, it displays movies that you have previously 'selected' for various reasons.
- Movies can be selected by clicking on the titles from the 'Genre Searcher' tab or by clicking on the 'Select this Movie' button on the 'Movie Details' tab.
- You can print a list of your current selections (or even delete them from your library) via the 'Options' tab.
- You can further narrow down your selections the same way you did on the 'Genre Searcher' tab.
- Selections are remembered whenever you save the current state of your library.
The 'Poster View' tab allows you to browse your movies' associated movie posters / DVD covers.
- Change the source of movies displayed in the left column via radio buttons
- Zoom in on the image or switch to that movie's details.
Here are some key features of "MovieFinder":
· Keep an inventory of your personal movie collection.
· Movie information and a cover image are automatically downloaded from IMDb.
· Easily pick out movies to watch.
· Keep a group of 'selections' you or your guests are currently interested in watching.
· Browse posters / DVD cover images.
· Customize program appearance.
· Same download runs on ANY Operating System.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
· You may distribute this executable .jar file as shareware. You must purchase a registration code if you plan on using the program after the first 30 days or 30 executions, whichever comes first.