Lxdvdrip is a command line tool to make a copy from a video DVD. It automates the process of ripping, authoring, previewing, and burning the DVD.
Lxdvdrip project uses tools like mplayer, transcode, streamdvd, dvdauthor, and growisofs. You can backup the main feature or the whole DVD..
Here are some key features of "Lxdvdrip":
- Automatic Selection of the longest Title
- Automatic Calculation of Factor to Requant
- Automatic Read of Volume-ID
- Automatic Chapter Separation from Original
- Ripping of Audiotracks in every Language
- Selection of dts-Audiotracks as Default
- Selection of two Subpicture-Tracks possible
- Ripping and Re-Authoring
- Preview of VOB-Files with mplayer or xine
- Burning with growisofs or cdrecord-prodvd
- All Program Parameters could be stored in a Config File as Program Defaults
- All Paramaters can be overwritten on the fly at the Command Line
- Program with english, french or german Messages
- Rip of Subpicture-Tracks
- Copy DVD smaller than a DVD-R 1:1 with Menus, > 4.7 GB with vamps, without Menus.
- Partial Copy: Copy selected Titles from a DVD (dvdunauthor/vamps)
- High Quality Backup (1 DVD9 => 2 DVD5)
- DVD with Menus for Title-, Audio- and Chapter Selection (dvdwizard)
- Support for vlc > 0.90.
- Requant 64-bit bugfixes.
- Menucopy Engine has been updated to dvd95 1.50p0.