Kripper is GUI front end for variosu of command line tools which are used to rip VCDs & then to convert it to Divx & then burn the Divx files in to CDRW.
Kripper achive it using cdrdao to rip VCDs ( I think it is the only tool which can rip VCDs in bin format which can be later brun to a CDRW. After ripping mencoder is used to convert the *.bin file into Divx (yes Mencoder can read *.bin files generated by cdrdao).
After that cdrecord will be used to burn the divx in to CDRW.
· You of course need GNU/Linux system with X server running & KDE & its libraries installed.
· Mplayer (ie. Mencoder)
· But currently you only need cdrdao for this initial release.
What's New in This Release:
· Now this is a real KDE application insteed of pure Qt Application
· The Setup dailog is added
· The setting can be saved in ~/.kde/share/config/Kripperrc
· The Divx Convertion part is added so now you can Rip a VCD & Convert it into DivX using this GUI frnt end.