Klear is a KDE application for recording video streams from your DVB device and watching TV with all advantages of digital television (like EPG, OSD, and so on).
Klear project is developed for SWP lectured by Prof. Knabe at the TFH Berlin. We started in October 2004, so this program is currently under heavy development. Have a look at the features to know what's working and what's not.
Here are some key features of "Klear":
· DVB Playback
· nifty GUI with fullscreen and minimal mode
· Internal (and player-independant) Tuner for DVB-T and DVB-S
· screenshot capability
· system preferences
· complete graphical configuration system
· quick-recording system
· full featured scheduled recording
· recording formats: MPEG TS (raw) and MPEG PS (realtime conversion)
What's New in This Release:
· Added Gnome support
· Added support for recording to other partitions