Hyper Converter software is a frontend for ffmpeg I have made because I wanted something, that let's me quickly convert videos from konqueror without typing 3-line-commands in the console.
I have added a little script, just unpack the tarball, cd in the new directory and type
as user (not root !). If it doesn't work for whatever reason, open the installer with a texteditor. I have added the locations, where the files should go, at the top comment. Just copy manually.
Here are some key features of "Hyper Converter":
· It let's you save settings for re-use. I found this useful because ffmpeg often is trial-and-error until the right settings are found, so you won't search twice for them.
· It is highly customizable because I have added possibility to use custom settings for all options.
· service menu for konqueror
· The gui will generate the ffmpeg command, which you can review and edit before executing, so you have total control. It will also show the stdout/err output from ffmpeg.
· i18n ready. It comes with a german translation and a clean .po file, which you can translate in your language using KBabel (would be nice if you'd sent me the translation then).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· the main menu (it's only a stub right now)