Getcontrol project is a GNOME 2 multimedia frontend.
Getcontrol is a GNOME 2 multimedia frontend.
It aims to play DivX, DVD, MP3, Ogg, and Shoutcast streams,and also provide digital photo viewing, video conferencing, etc., all connected with your remote control and running on your TV out.
It relies on Gstreamer for multimedia playback.
Indeed even with a smart lirc configuration it was a real maze to launch any DVD player application, or even a simple XMMS.
My wife just turned crazy and was not able to use it. I realized that compared to a hardware player my remotelly controlled linux box was not so friendly to use.
Then i took my Anjuta IDE, some docs from gnome.org websites and started to develop my own coherent GUI for this multimedia box.
What's New in This Release:
· Releasing : getcontrol 0.1.7
· Divx : Divx playback from CDROM (mounting/unmounting/ejecting)
· Audio : MP3 streams supported with xml configuration file (bookmark)
· Control : Play/Pause/Stop/Mute/VolUp/VolDown supported
· Tasking : Pressing menu while watching movie suspend movie and go back to main menu. Movie can be restored from menu.
· Busy activities : Implemented a busy animation showing clearly to the user what is busy. (Inspired from Mac OS X(R))