Diva is a project to build an easy to use, scalable, open-source video editing software for the Gnome desktop.
Our goal is to provide users with a complete and tightly integrated set of tools that can be used to import, edit, enhance and export digital video material. The aim of the project is to chart the unexplored areas of video editing for the open-source platform.
Diva is written in mono on the top of the gstreamer multimedia library. Diva project currently runs only on Linux.
Here are some key features of "Diva":
· DV files (raw digital video, .dv)
· WAV files (raw riff .wav files. Limited to 16bit, any rate)
· JPEG, PNG images
· Support for more files is coming soon. Currently the biggest limitation is the GStreamer itself. Not all the plugins implement the seek-in-ready functionality we require.
· Tagging media files (gmail-labels style)
· Organizing by type, duration, tags, timeline usage
· Seeking the timeline
· Queued-playback (audio/video is automatically rendered-ahead in the background for low-latency play/pause operations)
· Rewind, move to previous cut, move to next cut
· Fullscreen playback
· Multi-track, multi-layer playback
· Adjusting in/out points with a preview
· Twin-adjusting cuts with a preview
· Moving clips, changing tracks
· Removing clips, sticking left/right
· Adjusting track opacity level
· Infinite undo/redo functionality
· History window with all the operations for easy multi-undo/multi-redo
· Undo/redo stack savable with the project
· Exporting to theora/ogg file
· Saving and restoring the project
What's New in This Release:
· GTK+ version 2.8.x
· mono >= 1.1.0
· cairo >= 1.0.0
· gtk-sharp-2.0 >= 2.5.0
· scons >= 0.95
· gstreamer [cvs] >= 0.10.4
· gst-plugins-base [cvs] >= 0.10.4
· gst-plugins-good [cvs] >= 0.10.2
· gst-ffmpeg >= 0.10.
Some gst-patching work is required. Check the instructions on the web page.