DVDx allows you to convert DVD to VCD2.0 or SCVD1.0 or DivX in one step (Including multiplexing, splitting). DVDx has been designed especially for unexperimented users, it is a simple and intuitive program. You only need Nero to write your VCD/SVCD.
DVDx software produces good quality movies in MPEG1/2 format and you don't need to have 5GB or more free on your hard disk.
DVDx produces high quality MPEG and AVI movies and advanced features provide smart settings for experimented users.
DVDx is likely the fastest solution ever to copy a DVD into a DivX file because the DVD reading (and decrypting) is done while encoding to DivX.
Alternative solutions require to copy the DVD to the hard drive with DVD Decrypter (or SmartRipper or any other DVD ripping software) which takes about 30 minutes, and then the encoding time is added. So with a 75FPS encoding speed for a 1:30 PAL (25FPS) movie, the total ripping time of alternative software is 1 hour. While DVDx will take less than 32 minutes (at 72FPS).
We encourage you to upgrade your DivX codec to latest version which takes benefit from latest compiler enhancement for new Intel/AMD processors. On a $1,000 consumer HP Pavilion with a Intel Pentium 830D, the encoding DVDx frame rate is 72FPS with DivX Pro 6.1.1 and later.
To encode to MPEG VCD/SVCD with the internal encoder or to encode to Windows Media, DVDx is also the fastest solution for the same reason.
Here are some key features of "DVDx":
· DVDx runs simultaneous jobs
Copy DVD and convert any audio/video file:
· DVDx reads copy protected DVDs (DeMacrovision and DeCSS)
· DVDx reads DVD+VR and DVD-VR
· DVDx reads VOB files
· DVDx reads any audio-video files supported by FFmpeg / MEncoder
Preview before encoding:
· DVDx was the very first DVD copy software to provide preview before encoding
· DVDx is still the only software to provide complete video+audio+subtitle preview
· Because encoding takes from 30 minutes to 4 hours, «WYSIWYG» preview is one of the most important advantage of DVDx
DVDx complies with NTSC and PAL video standard:
· All frame rates are supported: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 fps and automatic telecine is performed if necessary
· Weird DVDs with changing frame rates and unregular NTSC telecine are supported
Audio track support:
· DVDx provides high quality 48.0kHz to 44.1kHz conversion
· You can copy AC3 Dolby audio track
· Audio volume is adjustable
· Subtitle support
You can select one subtitle languages:
· DVDx preview shows you the output video before starting the whole encoding