Codeine is a very simple xine-based media player.
Here are some key features of "Codeine":
· Plays DVDs, VCDs, all video formats *
· Bundled with a simple web-page KPart () Starts very quickly
· Simple, uncluttered interface
· "Session based"
· Intelligent behaviour
· You can record http streams with the hidden record action
· You can use drag and drop to play files. Try dragging shoutcast stream playlists, they will play too.
· xine-lib 1.0.0
· KDElibs 3.3
· X11R6, a computer, some video files to play.
I use scons + bksys as the build system. But you can still do the following:
% ./configure && make && su -c "make install"
Or if you have scons installed, simply:
% scons && su -c "scons install"
Note that scons is a little silly and this kind of thing doesn't work:
% ./configure --prefix=/foo/bar --debug=full
% ./configure prefix=/foo/bar debug=full
The following features will probably be added before 1.0.0:
· Playback speed control
· Frame capture (screenshots of the video)
· Stream recording
· A KPart, strictly for embedding in KHTML, possibly in Konqueror also
The main reason I am adding these features is I think they are useful and it would also be a shame to not take advantage of the facilities xine offers.
If you don't think Codeine needs any of these features then please write to me and say so! I am making Codeine for you, the users, so if you don't like it I have failed.
What's New in This Release:
· Mute button for KPart
· Play DVD entry for KDE 3.5 + media:/ when DVD inserted
· DVD-Menu-Toggle is no longer a KToggleAction because I can't detect when DVD menus change, but it still acts as a toggle button
· Made record work for systems other than mine! (hard-coded path)
· Made record shortcut CTRL-R so it doesn't conflict with the DVD-Root-Menu toggle
· videoWindow doesn't judder when toolbar appears in fullscreen anymore
· dvd-toolbar is gone, instead root menu button appears when dvd is playing
· toolbar in fullscreen mode shows on mouse move
· toolbar in fullscreen mode respects user-positioning
· media kioslave support
· double-clicking the video toggles fullscreen
· don't show part in K-Menu
· a volume toolbar button, - available from the configure-toolbar dialog, it's not very good yet