CeeMedia is a program for cataloguing your movie collection.
It can retrive info and cover images from places such as Amazon, IMDb and All Movie Guide, and if that's not enough, you can write your own plugin for your favorite movie-site.
It also generally tries to provide the user with the most comfortable interface available for the task, while trying to follow the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines.
Here are some key features of "CeeMedia":
· Search Amazon, IMDb and All Movie Guide for movie info and reviews
· Fetch movie covers from Amazon and All Movie Guide
· Keep track of the myriads of features on your DVDs
· Search (filter) the collection by title, director, genre, etc.
· Cache internet-searches for fast future searches
· It has a nice and simple interface
· It's very stable (I have yet to experience a crash)
· Comes with a user friendly installation program
· Python 2.3 or newer
· PyGtk 2.6 or newer
· Python-Glade 2.5 or newer
What's New in This Release:
· Search-plugins now can't erase existing values with empty ones
· "I've seen this movie" can now be clicked on from the right-click menu
· "Release date" can now be set through a calender-popup
· "Similair movies" and "Movies with the same cast" now have their own entrys and display areas in the Movie-info
· Icons for PAL/NTSC, region and audio-format in the Movie-info-view
· The IMDb plugin has had a few fixes and copes better with foreign characters