A model and a format to share annotations about digital video document.
Teachers, moviegoers, etc. can use them to exchange multimedia comments and analyses about video documents. The project also aims at studying the way that communities of users (teachers, moviegoers, students...) will use these self-publishing tools to share their audiovisual "readings", and to envision new editing and viewing interfaces for interactive comment and analysis of audiovisual content.
- At the package creation level : annotation of audiovisual documents (association of typed information to temporal fragments), creation of visualisation means (views).
- Exchange of annotations and visualization modes in packages independently from the audiovisual material (images and sounds). If needed for the visualization of the data, pictures and sound clips can be extracted from the digital video support (e.g. file, DVD). The user of the data is then required to possess the video to take full advantage of the analysis and comments.
- At the package use level : visualisation of augmented movie (the annotations are used to display supplementary information on the video, to control the playing of the video, to navigate the video), visualisation of hypertext documents constructed from annotation and AV material, use of ad-hoc views (e.g. timeline view).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release marks the end of a series that has been stable for a long time, but never got its deserved major release number. This version now enters a maintenance state, while development focuses on the next major version (new data model, interface revamp to handle simultaneous analysis of multiple video files...).
- This release integrates an interface to the pocketsphinx speech recognition software. Annotations can now be modified either from the timeline inspector, or from table views (in addition to previous interfaces).