ASDF (A Simple DVD Frontend for MPlayer) is intended to make watching DVDs with MPlayer easier.
The project is written in Perl using the Qt toolkit. It provides an easy way to select the track you want to watch, as well as audio and subtitle languages and deinterlacing. It also provides a way to hide the short "empty" tracks that litter many DVDs.
What's New in This Release:
· stores certain configuration values between sessions;
· greatly simplified code in play_dvd();
· fixed bug occuring when subtitles were enabled, but no sub track was available;
· fixed uninitialised variable errors when there are no tracks to display;
· now clears all listings every time tracklist is rebuilt, not just when a new disk is loaded (stops things being shown when they shouldn't);
· loads GUI "faster" (ie. displays it before doing slow stuff like reading the disk);
· the usual round of minor bugfixes and cleanups.