ANDREW's Not a DVD Ripping and Encoding Wizard, but a command-line interface that simplifies the use of some applications to create AVI, Matroska, MP4 or OGM files from DVDs.
ANDREW is free software, released under GNU General Public License.
Here are some key features of "ANDREW":
· runs in interactive or batch mode
· works on-the-fly or ripping DVDs to hard drive
· handles progressive, telecine and interlaced NTSC and PAL formats
· controls needed disk space availability
· encodes an entire title or few chapters only
· selects multiple audio and subtitle tracks by preferences or in full manual mode
· supports AVI, Matroska, MP4 and OGM containers
· splits movies in several files or encodes them by target size or video bit rate
· uses two-pass or constant quality MPEG-4 ASP or H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video encoding
· crops and scales the video automatically
· uses AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio encoding and AC-3 extraction
· uses hard or soft encoding for subtitles from VobSub and SRT files
· speaks English, Italian and Spanish
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release adds MP4 container support, iPod compatibility, and fixes a few bugs.