zgv is a picture viewer with a thumbnail-based file selector, for the Linux and FreeBSD console. It uses svgalib. It's pretty featureful, and is probably the best svgalib-based viewer. (It can also be built to use SDL if you prefer.) Lots of people have told me they like it, where "lots" = "oh, it must be at least two or three", and you can't ask for a more ringing endorsement than that. Well, you could, but I'm not sure you'd get it.
zgv supports most popular formats, and allows panning and fit-to-screen methods of viewing, slideshows, scaling, gamma adjustment, etc.
What's New in This Release:
· Added SDL mouse support. Thanks to Dimitar Zhekov for this.
· Added width/height limits to all picture readers, 32767x32765 is now the maximum image size supported (essentially consistent with xzgv). This is a crude (albeit effective) fix for several reported overflow bugs, which had previously meant that zgv could be exploited to run commands as the user when viewing a maliciously-formatted file. Thanks to Luke Macken for letting me know about the problems. I suppose I should also thank "infamous41md" for publishing the original advisory/exploit, even if he didn't bother emailing me or anything.
· Added more multiple-image GIF brokenness checks than before. Previously it was possible to get a segfault with the `right' file, despite there already being various range checks. Thanks to Mikulas Patocka for spotting this.
· Fixed a problem with freeing memory when a GIF fails to load. Thanks to Mikulas Patocka for the fix.
· Fixed a possible hang when reading GIF files with corrupted extension blocks. Thanks to Mikulas Patocka for finding this.
· Fixed a possible hang when reading corrupted non-raw PBM files.
· The SDL backend previously had a timer-related bug which could cause some odd problems. Thanks to Dimitar Zhekov for spotting this one.
· The `fullscreen' option now defaults to on, so you now have to use `--fullscreen=off' (or similar config file option) to disable it. This keeps the SDL backend's behaviour closer to the svgalib one.