send2kflickr is the first attempt to create a KIPI plugin which uses KFlickr.
The functionality is limited but this is due to limitations in the KIPI API. For example I would of liked to of been able to add tags set in Digikam automatically in the photo however the KIPI API does not provide access to these tags.
NOTE: If you are a kflickr user you will notice that your user settings are not set. You will have to Authenticate send2kflickr with flickr.com to get these.
KFlickr is now available as a KIPI plugin. That's right you will now be able to upload your photos directly from digikam, kphotoalbum and others using the same interface you have grown to love. So far photo title and description are supported. I am working on getting further support included but I am finding the KIPI API a bit limited. You can grab the software here∞.
KFlickr offers many features such as:
· Drag-n-drop from other applications (such as Konqueror and DigiKam∞)
· Easy editing of your photo properties (title, description, privacy, tags)
· Access to your Flickr.com list of tags
· Support for more than one user
· large Image preview
· support for the new flickr∞ authentication
· Batch editing of photos
· Proxy server support
· Support for JPG, PNG and (non-animated) GIF photo formats
· Photo rotate
· Photo resize before upload
· Konqueror Service menu
· Now a KPart (allows for future integration into other apps)
· Now supports DCOP (again allow for future integration into other apps)
· Unicode support