screenhack is a 3-D animation system designed to work with RenderMan-compatible renderers. It focuses on procedural creation and animation of natural objects (waves, trees etc) but can also animate imported objects.
Here are some key features of "screenhack":
· User interface
· Conventional four-view workspace
· WYSIWIG Camera view, with fully interactive camera positioning
· Context-sensitive help
· Models can be represented by different levels-of-detail to maintain interactivity during playback and editing
· Elements can be placed in, and rendered out, in layers
· Ghosting and path display of animated objects, to help visualize motion
· Integrated render preview
· Hierarchical animation
· Key frames, expressions and data files can be used for animating
· Channel editor
· Dope sheet editor
· Versatile playback control
· Reference images/video can be loaded into the Camera view to aid final compositing.
· Channel modifiers (noise etc.)
· Built-in animation objects
· Standard Renderman lights plus area lights
· Particle system with point, area and volume sources, collisions, and forces
· Plugin animation objects
· 3D extruded text with bevels from any Truetype font
· Trees (in progress)
· Terrain generated from a height map, such as generated by geomorph (in progress)
· Water waves (in progress)
· Renderer support
· Plugin interface supports Aqsis, BMRT, 3Delight and Pixie
· Interface to renderer-specific features, including automatic multi-pass rendering to support shadow maps etc.
What's New in This Release:
· First release. Enjoy!