ruby-opengl provides Ruby bindings for OpenGL, GLU, and GLUT. The project supports OpenGL 2.1 and the majority of GL extensions. It is intended to be a replacement for -- and uses the code from -- Yoshi's ruby-opengl.
ruby-opengl is licensed under the MIT license.
What's New in This Release:
· Automatic error checking for GL/GLU calls, enabled by default (see doc/tutorial)
· Added support for many more OpenGL extensions
· Support for Ruby 1.9.0+ (requires mkrf 0.2.3)
· Ton of bugfixes.
· Boolean functions/parameters was changed to ruby true/false instead of GL_TRUE / GL_FALSE, which remains for compatibility
· glGet* functions now returns x instead of [x] when returning only one value
· Functions operating on packed strings (glTexture, gl*Pointer etc.) now also accepts ruby arrays directly
· Matrix handling functions now also accepts instances of Matrix class, or any class that can be converted to array
· glUniform*v and glUniformmatrix*v now does not require 'count' parameter, they will calculate it from length of passed array
· glCallLists needs type specifier (previously was forced to GL_BYTE)
· On ruby 1.9, glut keyboard callback returns char ("x") instead of integer so using 'if key == ?x' works on both 1.8 and 1.9