phpGraphy is a free photo gallery PHP script released under GPL license. Since its beginning, it has been written with simplicity and efficiency in mind following the KISS philosophy.
It should fit many needs, thanks to it's easy installation process, it can be setup in less than 3 min to put a small photo gallery online.
For users with thousands of pictures, don't worry as phpGraphy does use a real directory tree to store the pictures (as you probably already have on your hard-drive), you'll just have to upload your whole picture collection et voila, phpGraphy will generate the thumbnails and low-resolution pictures for you and even better, it can also auto-import IPTC description in the database (if already embeded in your pictures).
phpGraphy project integrates a bunch of nice features like comments, rating, EXIF/IPTC handling.
Here are some key features of "phpGraphy":
· On-the-fly Thumbnail/Low resolution picture generation
· Unlimited Categories and Sub-categories (it uses directories)
· Integrated fast text database mode (MySQL also supported if prefeered)
· Users comments
· Rating system
· Web/FTP picture upload
· Top Rated/Last Commented pictures pages
· User level support to protect pictures/directories from unwanted people
· EXIF/IPTC metadata support (hot!)
· Multilingual support (English/French/German/Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Russian/Hebrew)
· Web interface management
· Lossless jpeg rotation support (via exiftran/jpegtran)
· Video, sound and text files support
· Layout/Text very easy to change
· W3C compliant XHTML 1.1 Compliant CSS 2.0 Compliant (visitor interface only)
· Highly configurable
· Free (under GPL license)
· A webserver with PHP 4.1.0 or greater (PHP 4.3.x recommended to get full functionnality)
· convert utility from ImageMagick if your PHP configuration doesn't support the use of GD (used for automatic thumbnail/lowres picture generation)
· MySQL if you prefeer using it instead of the default fast text database
· exiftran or jpegtran for the lossless jpeg rotation
What's New in This Release:
· A serious security hole related to a flaw in PHP itself has been fixed.
· Users are advised to upgrade their version of PHP and/or phpGraphy ASAP.