osgDesigner is a graphical tool used to modify an OpenSceneGraph (OSG) scene using the osgIntrospection framework. OpenSceneGraph developers will be able to extend osgDesigner at need using (editor | render | osgIntrospection wrapper) plugin system.
osgDesigner uses osgIntrospection to discover and modify any OpenSceneGraph nodes, so you can play and see what's happening to your 3D scene. OpenSceneGraph developpers can improve and extend osgDesigner at need, creating editor plugins or rendering plugins.
osgDesigner shows a tree representation of the scene graph and allows the user to modify the scene graph structure and the property of each node.
The new stuff in osgDesigner is that it uses the OpenSceneGraph introspection system to discover objects at run-time. osgDesigner can edit any c++ class as long as this class is reflected by a wrapper in the osgIntrospection framework. So if new nodes or objects are added to OpenSceneGraph, there is no need to add code, simply reflect your work, and create a plugin for osgDesigner if you want an easier way to modify your data.
The editor plugins generate a more beautiful and intuitive interface than the default editor provided by osgDesigner. The render plugins allow the user to render the scene with a specific 3D Engine (based on OSG). The developers provide a rendering plugin wich use Producer.
What's New in This Release:
· introspection toolkit
· scenegraph tree view
· scenegraph node properties in a tree view
· providing a template system plug-in used to instance render and editor system plug-in
· rendering plug-in producer
· Features added to this version :
· a rendering Qt4 plug-in
· an editor plug-in (osgMaterial only)
· scenegraph edition actions (cut, copy, create, insert, update and delete scenegraph nodes)
· save windows settings and restore them at start-up
· allow a configuration system (no interface yet)
· .deb and .rpm also available as soon as OpenSceneGraph provides version 1.3
· linux binary generator script