i.Mage is a small and fast graphics editor slanted towards quite and easy pixel editing, ala DPaint from the DOS/Amiga days.
i.Mage project is not designed to compete with the other graphics programs out there, there are plenty that do a much better job than i.Mage.
However it starts in under a second and it does a lot of the mundane jobs of image editing quickly and without fuss.
Here are some key features of "i Mage":
· Load/Save: Gif, Tiff, Jpg, Pcx, Bmp, Ico.
· 2 pane view, zoomed and 1:1.
· Downsampling/upsampling bit-depth, dithering, halftone, error diffusion.
· Resampling (smart resizing), cropping, rotating, offseting and flipping images.
· 8-bit palette editor: RGB/HLS ramps, colour cubes/stock palettes, reverse ramps, remapping.
· Clipboard support.
· Alpha blending.
· Basic linear/radial gradient fill.
· Undo que for most tools.
· Conversion of image to C/C++ code.
· Transparency support.
· Invert image.
· Convert to grayscale.
· Brightness/contrast adjust.
· Save/load/flip/rotate the current brush.
· Flood fill.
· Basic drawing primitives.
· Polyline editor.
· Text tool.
· Basic colour management via Little CMS, does RGBRGB on load/save to the internal colour space (sRGB), allows viewing of colour profile details.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed the enable undo menuitem and the enable undo toolbar button being out of sync with each other.
· Fixed Bug #48: Undo doesn't work.
· Fixed the brush becoming part of the document when you say resize the image and the brush is still overlaid on the image.