Xmp Manager 0.49
A GUI to manage XMP metadatas on GNU/Linux.
Why should I use metadatas?
Metadatas permit to attach more info to your files, ex. description, author, coordinates.. This datas are embedded in the image file, so you won't lose them even if you'll upload the image on a website or you will burn this image on a DVD.
Why should I use XMP?
· XMP is an extensible schema (proposed by Adobe) so your EXIF, IPTC, JFIF,.. metadatas could still live XMP. the main advantage is that it is extensible and xml based so if you need more fields you haven't reinvent the wheel, or another incompatible standard, but just a new schema.
· XMP is the embedded preferred format for the Creative Common Licence. (in italiano)
· XMP is filetype-indipendent, it supports JPEG, PSD, TIFF, AVI, WAV, MPEG, MP3, MOV (via XMP Toolkit version 4.0)
- It support 'title', 'description', 'creator' fields (but It is very easy to add new fields)
- It writes metadatas on-the-fly
- It support multiple image editing
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New code base, much portable and safe
- Gtk Builder Migration
- Compatible with Windows Photo Gallery tags.