Xmp Manager application is a GUI to manage XMP metadatas on GNU/Linux. Currently XmpManager is a very experimental software and it could not work as expected. The features implemented are minimal.
Why should I use metadatas?
Metadatas permit to attach more info to your files, ex. description, author, coordinates.. This datas are embedded in the image file, so you won't lose them even if you'll upload the image on a website or you will burn this image on a DVD.
Why should I use XMP?
· XMP is an extensible schema (proposed by Adobe) so your EXIF, IPTC, JFIF,.. metadatas could still live XMP. the main advantage is that it is extensible and xml based so if you need more fields you haven't reinvent the wheel, or another incompatible standard, but just a new schema.
· XMP is the embedded preferred format for the Creative Common Licence. (in italiano)
· XMP is filetype-indipendent, it supports JPEG, PSD, TIFF, AVI, WAV, MPEG, MP3, MOV (via XMP Toolkit version 4.0)
Here are some key features of "Xmp Manager":
· It support 'title', 'description', 'creator' fields (but It is very easy to add new fields)
· It writes metadatas on-the-fly
· It support multiple image editing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New code base, much portable and safe
· Gtk Builder Migration
· Compatible with Windows Photo Gallery tags.