VariCAD Viewer is free, compact, fast, easy-to-use software that provides a comprehensive viewer of CAD (Computer-aided design) files.
VariCAD Viewer is powered by the commercial and powerful VariCAD application, a 3D/2D CAD solution for mechanical engineering that features high performance and powerful tools to ease mechanical design tasks.
VariCAD can interchange files with other CAD systems. You can import STEP (3D), DWG (2D), DXF (2D) and IGES (2D) files, and export STEP (3D), DWG (2D), DXF (2D) and IGES (2D and 3D).
VariCAD is a cross-platform software and it was tested with a wide range of Linux distributions, supporting both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian and openSUSE are recommended.
Here are some key features of "VariCAD Viewer":
- 2D Drawing and Editing
- 3D - 2D Export
- 3D Modeling
- Mechanical Part and Symbol Libraries
- BOM and Title Blocks
- Printing and Plotting
- More information:
- Support of multi-level assemblies
- You can define a sub-assembly created from multiple objects. It is similar as a definition of single part. The sub-assembly can be further inserted into assemblies, where it behaves as a single object. A sub-assembly itself can contain also inserted parts or other sub-assemblies, so you can create a complex structure of mechanical design.
- Support of relative paths in assembly – sub-assembly – part links:
- Optionally, it is possible to use relative paths. This allows you to maintain situation, where various computers have access to server, and the access is mapped differently. Or, if some computers work under Windows and some computers work under Linux. All users can now access common data at server without problems. Another advantage may be in exchanging of files between different users - if these files are only copied as directory structures.
- Changes in BOM, allowing you to select various possibilities of data processing, if 3D co...