VCG TriMeshInfo is a tool designed to inspect 3D models and retrieve many types of topological and geometrical information from them.
It can be used to automate the process of decoding 3D mesh inherent properties and ease data classification and retrieval.
For each analyzed dataset, the following data are extracted:
· Number of Vertices (Unreferenced vertices are listed separately)
· Number of Faces
· Number of Edges
· Number of Connected Components
· Number of Boundaries
· Number of Isolated Vertices (i.e. Unreferenced)
· Genus (Computed only for Manifold Datasets)
· Regularity (We consider as regular those meshes generated through regular subdivision. Each non boundary vertex of a regular mesh has 6 incident edges, if there are only 5 incident edges the mesh is said to be semi-regular, irregular in all other cases)
· Number of Duplicated Vertices
· Self-Intersection (Currently computed only for Datasets with less than 3M faces)
What's New in This Release:
· This release included a major rewrite of the core component for computing geometrical and topological features of the analyzed mesh.
· Important changes included speeded up self-intersection tests, more robust (and correct) computation of topological genus and volume, and more flexible output with an HTML output option.