A thumbnail generation library for Java
Making thumbnails in Java can be a fairly difficult task.
Learning how to use the Image I/O API, Java 2D API, image processing, image scaling techniques, ... but fear not! Thumbnailator will make this operation possible.
Thumbnailator's fluent interface can be used to perform fairly complicated thumbnail processing task in one simple step.
For example, creating JPEG thumbnails of image files in a directory, all resized to a maximum dimension of 640 pixels by 480 pixels while preserving the aspect ratio of the original image can be performed by the following:
The fluent interface provided by the Thumbnailator simplifies the task of making thumbnails into a single method call!
- Create high-quality thumbnails from existing images.
- Option to embed a watermark (such as a logo) in the thumbnails.
- Resize existing images to desired dimensions.
- Transparency of the watermark is adjustable from transparent (0%) to opaque (100%).
- Multiple quality modes for thumbnail generation.
- Supports rotation of thumbnail.
- Preserves the aspect ratio of resulting thumbnail, if desired.
- A fluent interface to simplify the process of making thumbnails programmatically.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Bug fixes:
- This release addresses the following issues: