An open source interactive height field generation and manipulation program
Terraform allows you to generate random terrain using a number of algorithms and then selectiveley change the terrain using a variety of transformations. Where possible, the transformations provide a real-time preview, giving you instant feedback on the effect of any parameter changes.
Here are some key features of "Terraform":
· Open Source, distributed under the GNU GPL
· Written in portable ANSI C
· Built with the Gnome gnome desktop environment using the Glade interface builder.
· Supports Gtk themes
· Supports GNU style internationalization
· Provides several different projections and colormaps
· Dialogs support real-time previews where possible
· 12 terrain generation methods
· 20 terrain transformations
· River placement
· Object placement
· 1-Click export of Height Fields to POVRay
· Themeable POVRay rendering environment
· Configurable undo history
· Multiple file formats support
· GNOME 1.2 or better
· An ANSI compliant C compiler
· Trio: you need libtrio if you're on a system which doesn't define/implement vfscanf and/or vsscanf.