TAMOGEN is a software designed to either create a mosaic of one image out of another, or create a mosaic of one image out of itself.
The images used can be color or black and white. At runtime, TAMOGEN will allow you to convert color images to a black and white mosaic if so desired.
TAMOGEN will allow you to specify how many times the smaller image is repeated to create the larger mosaic. It will do this by asking you how many columns, and how many rows you would like to have. If you specify 40 rows and 40 columns, the resulting mosaic will repeat the smaller image 1600 times.
Bear in mind that this effectively is the resolution at which the larger image will be seen.
10 columns and 10 rows will create an almost unrecognizable large image with easy to see small images. 200 columns by 200 columns will create a very clear larger image, but the smaller images will be harder to see.
TAMOGEN will also allow you to specify the resulting pixel resolution of the image. The higher the final resolution, the larger the image will print and the clearer the smaller images will be when viewed at full size.
To run TAMOGEN:
1. Unzip the files in tamogen.zip to your computer.
2. Copy the image(s) you wish to use to the same directory as TAMOGEN.
3. Run the program by double-clicking "tamogen.exe"
4. Answer the questions asked
5. In the last question, you will be asked what the mosaic file name will be.
The final picture file will be named: .final.png
6. After running TAMOGEN, you will find an image named .thumbnail.PNG - you can delete that.
**NOTE: THIS PROGRAM REQUIRES THAT YOU USE .PNG IMAGES FOR THE TIME BEING. A FUTURE UPDATE WILL SUPPORT ADDITIONAL FORMATS.