ShowImg is a feature-rich image viewer which can display numerous formats, including JPEG, PNG, GIF (animated), MNG, PSD.
The (larger) view frame can be exchanged with the (smaller) directory/preview frame. It can preview and display images from multiple directories and search for identical images.
ShowImg also features a full-screen mode, zooming, sorting, drag'n'drop with Konqueror, support for images in compressed archives (tar, tar.gz, zip, ...) and kipi plugins.
Here are some key features of "ShowImg":
· display JPEG, PNG (alpha layer supported), GIF, XCF, PSD, etc. files;
· open several directories, and archives (.tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .zip, ...);
· apply filters to displayed image;
· preview, fullscreen, slideshow, ``fit-to-screen'', efficient zoom;
· open files with external programs;
· support EXIF header (JPEG file metadata);
· display a hexadecimal view.
· batch rename;
· search for exact and similar images;
· several formats conversion;
· manage photo albums.
· kipi plugins supported (see kipi plugin homepage);
· configurable interface.
What's New in This Release:
· Database added to manage images using KexiDB (http://kexi-project.org/),
· Video support added,
· SVG support added,
· RAR archive file support added.
our in-depth analysis