Shotwell is an efficient photo organizer designed specifically for the GNOME desktop.
It can edit, sort, import, and organize the image collection of the users in fast and secure manner.
Here are some key features of "Shotwell":
· import photos from any digital camera supported by gPhoto
· automatically organize events containing photos taken at the same time
· rotate, mirror, and crop photos
· export photos as they are or by specifying dimensions and JPEG quality to reduce size
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes a critical issue where Shotwell could close unexpectedly when working with RAW photos in direct-edit mode
· The Facebook Connector now recovers smoothly from type 7 errors
· EXIF-oriented photos uploaded to Facebook now appear in their correct orientation, even when the strip metadata option is turned on in the Facebook Connector
· Fixes an issue where incorrect view filter settings were applied on tag and event pages
· The Camera Developer is now disabled for RAW images that lack a suitable paired or embedded JPEG
· Updated translations for many languages, including an updated Catalan translation that corrects a problem where incorrect event dates could be displayed
· Assorted smaller bug fixes