Rings Ray Tracer is a ray tracer written in 100% Java. The ray tracing engine is a piece of software written in Java that allows a user or another piece of Java software to produce realistic 3d images.
Here are some key features of "Rings Ray Tracer":
· UI Features Include:
· Look and feel options.
· Surface and Light info panels.
· Advanced hierarchical grouping of Surface objects.
· Render options dialog.
· Render timer and progress monitor.
· Rendering Features Include:
· Color rendering (ray tracing).
· Anti-aliasing (super sampling).
· Lighting model with support for ambient, directional ambient, and point light sources.
· Distance attenuation for point light sources.
· Two built in texture: stripe and image.
· Four built in shaders: diffuse, highlight, reflection, and refraction (not quite working).
· Surface/Modeling Features Include:
· Custom layered transformations (scale, rotate, translate, etc.).
· Supported Surface Types:
· Primitive Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, Plane.
· Triangles and Triangle Meshes.
· Polynomial Surfaces.
· Supported Data Storage Methods:
· XML Encoding of Scene/Surface data.
· PPM, PIX and JPEG encoding of image data.
· RAW triangle data import.