Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in RawTherapee 4.2:
- RawTherapee-4.2 includes many speed, precision, stability and memory usage optimizations. As such, users of 32-bit operating systems may now find that they can enjoy more stability while using the most memory intensive tools. Of course users of 64-bit systems benefit from this as well. Refer to the full changelog for more information.
- Powerful color toning tool.
- Curve control of luminance noise reduction.
- Median filter in the noise reduction tool.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL v3
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Gabor Horvath
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Multimedia \ Graphics
Features at a glance
Key features include both traditional and modern demosaicing algorithms, including AMaZE, fast, DCB, AHD, HPHD, EAHD, IGV, VNG4 and LMMSE, advanced color handling, powerful CIE Color Appearance Model 2002 (CIECAM02) module, enhanced tonality and exposure tools, as well as multiple denoising methods.
In addition, it features various tools for enhancing the details in images, such as RL deconvolution, unsharp mask, and contrast by detail levels, supports other image editing programs, such as GIMP, supports dual-monitor setups, batch processing, parallel editing of multiple image files, and different layouts.
Supported cameras and RAW file formats
RawTherapee has been engineered to support a wide range of digital cameras, including models from consecrated manufacturers like Nikon, Canon, Sony and Leica. Additionally, it supports various medium format cameras.
Supported image file formats include all known RAW formats from DSLR cameras, as well as JPEG and PNG files in 8 or 16 bits, and TIFF files in 8, 16 or 32 bits. It can output modified RAW images to JPEG, PNG and TIFF files of 8 or 16 bits.
Under the hood and supported platforms
The project has been written entirely in the C++ programming languages, using the gtkmm language binding and the GTK+ GUI toolkit for the graphical user interface. It officially supports the Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, on both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
Summing up, RawTherapee is a very complex and powerful RAW image editor software for the GNU/Linux platform. Actually, it is the only one that hosts so many features under a single roof.
RawTherapee was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on October 24th, 2014