Rapid Photo Downloader is an open source photo downloader app written by a photographer, for professional and amateur photographers.
To run Rapid Photo Downloader you will need all the software mentioned above. To start from a fairly basic system, I suggest the following:
1. Install the required gnome packages from your linux distribution's package repositories. On a recent linux distribution, expect all to be available for easy download and installation. If you already use gnome, most of the packages will already be installed. Do confirm that python-gconf, python-glade2, and gnome-python are installed, because they may not be quite so common in a base system.
2. Install pyexiv2. You can probably do that using your distributions's package repositories. But if not, there are instructions here:
3. Install this application from the tarball. You probably need to be the super user (root) to be able to do this:
sudo python setup.py install
Start the program by running rapid-photo-downloader from the command line, or manually setup a panel launcher using an icon supplied in the tarball.
Here are some key features of "Rapid Photo Downloader":
· Generates meaningful file and folder names
· Downloads images from multiple devices simultaneously
· Backs up images as they are downloaded
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Contains two bug fixes for when running under a very recent Linux distribution, including one critical bug. Many translations have been updated.