With QCad you can generate technical drawings such as interiors, plans for buildings or mechanical parts.
QCad is a cross-platform software and it works under Linux, Unix Systems, Mac OS X and Windows.
QCad was designed with modularity, extensibility and portability in mind.
Here are some key features of "QCad":
· DXF Format support
· Texts in many different CAD fonts
· Dimensioning of distances, angles, diameters, tolerances, ...
· Hatches and solid fills
· Full support of Layers and Blocks
· Powerful selection and modification tools
· Snapping to objects
· Console for co-ordinate positioning and launching commands
· Multiple undo / redo levels
· Support for various units
· Import and Export of Bitmaps
· Creation of PS files which can be easily converted to PDF
· Lots of translations of the user interface
· Scripting interface
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is the first major update of the free version of QCAD since version 2.
· The user interface has been modernized and polished, and the CAD engine underneath is now equipped with a spatial index for increased performance.