Pixie is a RenderMan like photorealistic renderer. It is being developed in the hope that it will be useful for graphics research and for people who can not afford a commercial renderer.
Pixie Renderer project is an open source project licensed under Gnu Public License (GPL).
Pixie is an open source project. None of the people contributing to Pixie is making any money out of it and we're not asking for money. We need your feedback to keep this project alive. Use Pixie, submit bug reports, pictures you rendered with Pixie or just your good wishes.
One of the biggest considerations in Pixie's development is the modularity. If you're interested in developing additional features / improving current features, improving the web site, optimizing Pixie, please let us know.
Here are some key features of "Pixie Renderer":
· All RenderMan 3.2 primitives
· Quadrics: Sphere, Disk, Cone, Paraboloid, Hyperboloid, Cylinder, Toroid
· Parametrics: Bilinear/Bicubic patches, NURBS
· Subdivision Surfaces including crease/hole/interpolateboundary tags
· Convex / Concave polygons with or without holes and their meshes
· Object instancing / delayed primitives
· Programmable shading (RenderMan Shading Language)
· High quality texture/shadow/environment mapping
· High dynamic range input/output
· Motion blur
· Depth of field
· Reyes style rendering (very fast)
· Occlusion culling
· Network parallel rendering
· DSO shaders
· Global illumination
· Photon mapping
· Irradiance caching
· Automatically raytraced smooth reflections / shadows
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release incorporates many bug reports and improvements in the SVN trunk.