Pinta is a drawing/editing software modeled after Paint.NET.
Pinta's goal is to provide a simplified alternative to GIMP for casual users.
Here are some key features of "Pinta":
· Drawing Tools
· Unlimited Layers
· Full History
· Adjustments and Effects
· Your Workspace
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Improvements:
· Magic Wand tool selection modes (Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersect).
· Layer blend modes.
· Reduced memory usage in the Open Images Pad (over 100mb in some cases).
· Significantly reduced memory usage for history (only the difference between
· the two images is stored)
· Copy/Paste support for the text tool.
· Improved rendering performance.
· The colour picker tool now supports different sampling sizes, and sampling
· from a single layer or the entire image.
· Improved support for special characters and alternate input methods in the
· text tool.
· Added a Copy Merged command to copy the flattened image/selection to the
· clipboard, instead of just the current layer.
· Added a drop shadow to the canvas.
Improved support for extensions:
· Extensions can be initialized/uninitialized properly, including removing
· any tools/effects that were registered.
· Downloads from remote repositories are now enabled.
· #999571 New image flattening functionality breaks saving functionality.
· #956195 Many effects do not work with Gtk# 2.12.11.
· #696293 Clicking text tool can crash OSX. (fixed in Mono 2.11.4)
· #984573 New layer with Text object does not put text on this new layer.
· #987641 Opening TGA files created by Pinta does not work on Linux.
· #995767 Using 'cut' in text object does not delete text.
· #996490 Two undo actions required to fully undo after pasting an image.
· #998629 Crashes when using copy/paste in Pinta.
· #1001536 Exception in Text Tool when attempting to select beyond end of string.
· #1006753 Exception when saving ORA file on Mac.
· #1008439 Disabling the "Default Tools" extension crashes Pinta.
· #1036041 Undo using CTRL+Z not working if this is the first action in new image.
· #1036485 Undo is broken for cropping or resizing the canvas (regression).
· #1048137 Crash when disposing the ResizeHistoryItem (regression).
· #602651 Inverting colors overwrites transparency with white pixels.
· #606240 Move pixels tool corrupted by scrolling.
· #724982 After pasting from clipboard in a image, pasted selection dissapears.
· #776328 Chinese characters can not be typed in Text tool.
· #891556 Incorrect behavior of Undo command when editing text.
· #911398 Can not change input method in Text tool for non-English language.
· #932924 /usr/bin/pinta has wrong path in it for some Linux x86_64 systems.
· #983709 Undo using Text object displays letter z in text instead of undoing.
· #999914 Can't enter the '