Photolib is a web-based photo gallery program, but unlike all other galleries, this one is aimed to be a library rather than a standalone program. This way, users can take the Photolib library and easily plug a photo gallery into their own Perl-based site. They are also free to easily create their own look and feel to the gallery through regular Perl and HTML, rather than some complicated theme generator.
Here are some key features of "Photolib":
· Web administration.
· Directory-type structure to albums.
· Smooth and dynamic resizing of images.
· Support for GIF, JPEG, and PNG.
· MySQL databasing, for quick data retrieval.
· MySQL (recommend v3.23)
· Perl 5
· ImageMagick /w PerlMagick (recommend v5.3.5)
What's New in This Release:
· New database schema.
· Reworked to be more scalable and simpler.
· New image processor, reworked from scratch.
· Old processor was slow and cumbersome. More work is needed, but speed improvements so far are great.
· Added web administration for editing descriptions.
· Added shell script for cleaning cache.
· Added a basic installation script to load the database schema.