Misfit Model 3D is an OpenGL-based 3D model editor that works with triangle-based models. Misfit Model 3D supports multi-level undo, skeletal animations, simple texturing, scripting, command-line batch processing, and a plugin system for adding new model and image filters.
Complete online help is included. It is designed to be easy to use and easy to extend with plugins and scripts.
Misfit Model 3D was written and tested on Linux (2.4 and 2.6 kernels) and has been compiled and tested on most major Linux distributions.
It is not endian-safe so it is unlikely to run on non-x86 hardware platforms--this will probably not change soon unless I get requests for a version that's usable on big-endian archs.
What's New in 1.3.7 Development Release:
· This release adds "Export Selected", "Apply to selected" for model transformations, and exact positioning of the rotation point for the rotation tool.
· It also includes improved support for the Cal3D format and performance fixes for normal calculation and MD3 loading.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release includes an initial German translation.
· It improves texture coordinate editing with coordinate rotation and flip, and custom colors for texture coordinate lines and selected vertices.
· Bugfixes include copy/paste texture assignments for groups and normal rendering for ungrouped faces in skeletal animation mode.